Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (BUP)
Is Sweden at the end of your rainbow?
Would you like to bring your expertise to Slottis as a child and adolescent psychiatrist? Do you want to become a valued team leader? And would like to work with patients from a holistic perspective, in a skilled teams of nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, and assistant doctors?
Then we would like to welcome you to work in Västra Götaland region in Sweden.
Slottis is a short-stay ward of the University hospital for children and adolescents up to the age of 18 with complex child psychiatric problems. There are five beds in this ward for elective care in the form of investigation and/or treatment and three acute beds. As a doctor in Slottis you will be of of several specialists in child and adolescent psychiatry and will work alongside a head of care unit, a specialist psychologist, psychiatric nurses/medical nurses, a mental health worker/nursing assistant and a social worker. There is great team spirit and you will have opportunities for your own continuing medical education, development and research. You will also contribute to the development of the organisation through various projects and tasks.
Positions are open for Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist (BUP) in Slottis with:
- interest and experience as a senior physician in a care unit dealing with child and youth psychiatric care, especially from working with neuropsychiatric conditions (e.g. ADHD/ Autism spectrum)
- interest and experience to lead the multidisciplinary team in detailed child psychiatric investigation and/or treatment of children and adolescents up to the age of 18. The patients often have complex child psychiatric problems, and you will work alongside other professionals both at an in-depth level and with broad focus.
- interest and experience to work with the whole family and view the adolescent as part of a system.
- interest and experience in supervising colleagues, as well as developing the organization.
- interest to work in in-patient care and the patience to work with complex cases over a long period of time.
- with passion and genuine love towards team work.
- interest in research is valued.
Our partner hospital offers:
Language training before you relocate
A permanent position with 40 hours per week working time
A monthly salary starting from 5 800 € (gross).
Example with 4 years of previous experience, monthly basic salary would be around 6 400 € (gross).
The final salary level will be determined individually based on your skills and work experience and granted once you have a license to work as a doctor in your area of specialty.
Annual salary audit.
Compensation for inconvenient working hours (evenings, weekends, nights, holidays & overtime) which are paid on top of the basic monthly salary
Education and development possibilities through an individual competence development plan, e.g. specialization, research, management
Induction to your new tasks and responsibilities when you start working
Home finding & relocation assistance
Social activities through the year
Free primary care
... and more
To work at the Child & Adolescent Psychiatry means that:• you will be able to participate into research projects.
• you have highly skilled multidisciplinary team as colleagues.
• As a part of region Västra Götalands' staff, you will have variety professional career possibilities within the internal labor market.
We expect you to have:
• A license to practice your profession within this field of medicine as a specialized doctor, and this license to be granted to you by European Union country officials.
• A minimum of one (1) years of experience practicing your profession after finalizing your specialization.
• You to commit to the free-of-charge language training provided in your home country with a goal to reach a minimum of B2 level of the target language (Swedish) at the end of the training.
Moving to a new country is a big step and we are committed to make sure that your journey will be as simple as possible. We will support you all the way from the very beginning always until you have settled in to your new home country and job.
In order to make sure that you will feel at home, we always hope to find the best match to both you and the hiring employer.
Ready to experience the Northern miracle?